Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Final Stop

The Baha'i House of Worship,where we began our incredible journey. On our final day in India we returned to The Lotus Temple for prayers. The sweet sacred space was aglow at nightfall and there was no doubt that we would both be content living here in India. It captured our hearts in a deep throbbing way just as Africa did 10 years ago. We walked the path slowly, savoring each step and I could not picture my life before India... I did not want to leave. Just 3 weeks and my life is forever changed. It was so easy to be there, so natural. It reminded us of the expansive world we live in. Where the reality experienced in the West can be so detached from the life the majority of the world experience.

We have been back at our home for 10 days and my heart still aches for India! Here we have all the comforts one could ask for, all the comforts we certainly did not have while traveling... and somehow I would be happy to give them all away... maybe I will.






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not know why this post in particular has moved me to tears. I think it is being witness to you and your husband's recognition of your hearts' call. Thank you for your faith in how it leads...